Monday, February 28, 2011

Bruscetta


I love Italian food. There is something about it that I just love. Well everything except marinara sauce. I prefer a white sauce on pretty much everything. My favorite thing is gelato – I could eat that every day!

In addition to loving Italian food, I love meals that are easy – no extra steps and whatnot. And that is just what I have for you today, a super easy Italian dish: Bruscetta. We have this on garlic bread or over noodles. My kids even enjoy eating it. This is my version of it, I am sure there other recipes out there, but this works for us.
 Bruscetta:
4-5 ripe tomatoes - diced
1 onion Рdiced and saut̩ed in olive oil
diced garlic
1 Tbsp onion powder
1 Tbsp basil – can use fresh
1 Tbsp balsalmic vinegar
2 Tbsp olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
 
Mix all ingredients together and serve over garlic bread, or noodles. You can always add more tomatoes to your liking. I like onions, so I always add extra of then! ;)
 Thing #3 even likes to eat this plain. This is especially good in the summer – perfect for the hot weather!
Pin It! \

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jen! I wanted to stop by and say "thank you" for visiting my blog. I really enjoyed my visit here...love the brushetta, the coin purse, and I also have had issues with cake balls! I am looking forward to the link party on Friday! Thanks for inviting me!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...