Monday, December 20, 2010

Cranberry Apple Pie

Christmas break is in full swing at our house, translation – it seems like nothing is getting done. I like to get my blog posts up in the morning and here it is almost dinner time. But I do have laundry almost done.

Anyway, onto my topic: Pie. I love pie, but I really only eat it maybe twice a year. This is a pie that I made for Thanksgiving and I am going to make it again for Christmas because Conan loves it. It is that perfect blend of apple with just enough cranberry to give it a little kick. I personally love it with a little bit of vanilla ice cream. But I think that everything is better with ice cream.

Cranberry Apple Pie
3 C sliced apples
1 C chopped cranberries
1 ½ C sugar
3 TBsp cornstarch
¼ tsp salt
double pie crust

Chop apples and cranberries up (I use the food processor to do this). Mix all ingredients together and fill unbaked pie crust. (I cannot make a decent pie crust, so I always buy mine). Bake in preheated oven to 375 degrees for 1 hour. (Be sure and place a pan under it because this pie will always boil over!

Let cool and serve with ice cream or whipped topping.

Linking up to Recipes of a Cheapskate , and go over there and enter her giveaway for a $50 gift certificate for Novica. It ends tonight.
Pin It! \

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...