Friday, December 24, 2010

Last Minute Decorating

I saw this quote once and loved it.

"If it weren't for the last minute, I wouldn't get anything done."

I need to bronze it and place it somewhere prominent in my house. I did a few last minute decorating things yesterday. I am not sure they would have gotten done if I did not have my piano open house. (I am a piano teacher and every Christmas we have an open house instead of a recital.) But I wanted to have a nice little display for them.

I finally mounted my Christmas subway art on foam board:

I made some thank you cards for the parents: I love the top note die cut from Stampin' Up.

And my favorite part of the crafting was making these snowmen:
I saw them in Martha Stewart magazine and knew they would be perfect for this event. And I finished them one hour before the open house. They were so easy and the kids loved them. The big kids just loved the fact that they were getting food, but the littler ones liked the snowman. What they are is a chocolate bar that you wrap like a present in white paper. You then use your finger and make the eyes and mouth. Cut a little orange triangle for a nose and glue on, and then tie ribbon or string for the scarf. Martha also had a Santa one, but I wanted everything to be the same so I did not make one of those.

Here is a picture of the little display I had out:

Sorry it is so blurry, but I was in a little bit of a hurry by this point and I only took one picture and this was what I got.
I hope that you all have a wonderful Holiday Season with family and friends. Thank you for reading my blog and commenting on it, you are great people.
Linking to: Shabby Chic Cottage, House of Hepworths,
Pin It! \

1 comment:

  1. i love those snowmen! thank you martha stewert! I swear she can do everything.

    thanks for linking up to Saturday's Party!

    -Krystal @ recipesofacheapskate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...