Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Table Runner

I'm Back!!!

I had the best vacation these last two weeks! I was great to be able to just sit back and not really have anything to do. We pretty much just played each day by ear! Which ended up spending a lot of time at the pool!

Alas, it had to come to an end, and the 8 hour drive home was L.O.N.G! Thing #5 was not too happy about his car seat, and let everyone in the car know. But we made it and now we are trying to get everything cleaned up and put away!

While I was on vacation I was able to visit with my Grandparents. I do not get to see them very often, but I enjoy spending time with them. Today I am showing you something that I made for her a couple of years ago when I first started quilting.

It is this simple easy table runner. I had a pattern, but just like recipes, I have a hard time following them. So I altered it and came up with this.

I gave this to them for Christmas, and I love that they display it year round on their side table. 
 She also made me feel good by telling me that everyone who comes into their house asks where they got it! You got to love Grandmas! I love this doll she has - it embodies their carefree, relaxed attitude.

This was one of the first things that I finished, and when I looked at it I could tell that I was still a little bit new to machine quilting. The pattern is not as smooth as I do now, but I still love it!

I hope that you all have had a great last two weeks, and are enjoying the summer!
Pin It! \

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...