Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Baby Clothes Quilt

Even though I have not been on here as much, I have still been sewing like crazy. I have finished almost 9 t-shirt quilts and I am going to start posting them on here for you. 

I also decided that with the next one I make I will make up a tutorial for you so that if you want to make one you can, because they are not as hard as you might think - but they are time consuming, just remember that!

This quilt here was a little bit different from some of the other t-shirt quilts that I have made. This lady asked me if I could make a quilt out of her son's baby clothes. I figured that it could really not be that much harder then any other one so I said yes.

And not it was not much harder, but it took twice as long - because baby clothes are just not as easy to cut because they are smaller - not as much room for error either!
I ended up using almost 150 items of clothing for this quilt. I am always a little bit worried about what my customer will think of the quilt when I get it finished, but she posted on facebook that it was exactly what she had imagined!
 So far I just do a simple zig zag stitch between all of the shirts, but I think I might try something different. If it works well I will share exactly how to do it! (That is not a fold on the back it is the seam, but this picture does not really make it look that way!)

And can you believe that it is May already?! I have a feeling that my move is going to sneak up on me quicker then I want it to!


Pin It! \

4 comments:

  1. This is nice image of baby clothes quilt. The baby clothes are just not as easy to cut because they are smaller - not as much room for error either! Everything is perfect.

    Cloth Diaper

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea for all those little clothes that you just can't get rid of because you remember how cute they looked in them or who gave them to you. Yes, this is a perfect solution, love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you don't have a wardrobe full of designer kids clothes, your daughter might miss out on the dress-up game. Luckily, there are many dress-up games available that don't require a stock of children clothes of your own!

    prom dresses.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent information on your blog, thank you for taking the time to share with us. Amazing insight you have on this, it's nice to find a website that details so much information about different artists.
    Mother of the Bride Dresses

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...