Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Fresh Squeezed

When this fabric line came out I just loved the bright colors of it! I knew at once that I wanted to make something out of it - I just was not sure what yet.

My local quilt shop made it easy for me to decide - they had a kit with this fabric line and I bought it right away!

But like many things I took my sweet time getting it sewn up. I posted about these squares a while back and they sat like this for a little while - translation over 6 months.

However, lately I am on this cleaning out kick, and it includes a finishing up of projects that have been sitting around. These squares came out and I started sewing them all together. I had them all laid out and half of them sewn together and Thing #5 woke up and that was the end of that. It took me twice as long to do the rest of it. But oh well, that is how it goes in my house.

But I pushed through and got it all sewn together. And I just love how bright and cheerful it is. When I showed it to my sister when she was in town she was a little taken aback by how bright it was. For me thought it is perfect, because most of the quilts I make are from fabric with colors this bold.
We had an overcast day the other day with out rain so I was able to get some great pictures of it. It is a huge quilt! I am not sure how I am going to get it to fit on my frame to quilt it, but I will come up with something.
Doesn't it just make you happy, and make you want to have a cup of fresh squeezed orange juice?
I see many summer picnics, days at the park, and days of lounging around in the yard with this quilt!
Pin It! \

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...