Monday, May 2, 2011

Spice Cheesecake

Happy Monday all! I hope that you all had a very enjoyable weekend! I had a fabulous weekend, very relaxing and enjoyable. We went to this family fun day in our community and the kids had the time of their lives on the bounce house. But Crocs had a booth there and Thing #5 scored these awesome crocs for free! I am such a sucker for shoes, and little kids shoes can be so cute. I just love the little croc guy on these. But the reason I really love them is because he loves to wear them . . . all the time!! I know this is not the great picture, but he did not really help me out much, I took a ton and this is the best!
Onto to topic of today's post: Spice cheesecake. I enjoy sweets probably a little bit more than the next person, and so when I saw this recipe over at Frugal Homemaking I immediately printed it because I knew that this was one that I would be making!
She made it in chocolate, but after Easter I had already had enough chocolate . . . can this really ever happen? I just wasn't feeling like making something chocolate, so I thought that I would try this out in spice cake. And it turned out so great! I love spice cake - it is a tie between that and carrot cake for my favorite.
Here is the recipe I used to make this divine cheesecake.
1 box cake mix - chocolate, or spice
1/2 C oil
1 egg
filling:
1 8 oz bar cream cheese
1/3 C sugar
1egg

Instructions:
*Combine the cake mix, oil and egg. Set aside 1 Cup of this cake mixture for topping. Press the remaining mixture into a greased 9 x 13 pan. Bake for 10-12 minutes at 350 degrees.
*While the bottom layer is cooking, mix the cream cheese and sugar until smooth, then add egg and beat well. Remove pan from oven and pour the cream cheese mixture over the top and spread evenly.
*Sprinkle reserved topping over the cream cheese layer. bake for an additional 18-20 minutes at 350 degrees.
*Allow to cool completely before serving.

(If you make it with chocolate cake, you can add mini chocolate chips to the reserved topping mixture - I am sure that I will be trying it this way soon!)
 This was so good - so chewy and it had that awesome spice cake taste! It was so good. I wished that I did not have to share them with my kids! But for my sake I did and they loved it just as much. Well Thing #4 did not really care for them, but plenty of people opted to eat his! 

ENJOY!!

Linking to the parties in my tab at the top.
Pin It! \

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...