Thursday, May 5, 2011

Scrabble Pendant Necklace

Do you ever have those days where you are just so busy, but you still don't get done what you want? That was my day yesterday. I had craft group and I helped a bunch of people make Mother's Day cards, but now I still have to get mine done! I did get them started, hopefully this morning I will be able to finish them and get them into the mail.But it was a lot of fun visiting and crafting with my friends.

Today I have probably the easiest piece of jewelry to show you. And I love how it can be so personalized. I have mentioned before that I work with the youth in my church. Last week for an activity we made these scrabble tile pendant necklaces.
I got a bunch of images for them to choose from and they followed this tutorial. Here is the picture of all the ones that they made.
The only time consuming part of it was that you had to wait for the glue to dry between each step. I then added the glaze at home because it takes so long to dry. Due to time I ended up getting Allene's Paper Glaze, from Michael's, to use instead of ordering Diamond Glaze. It seemed to work good. Here they are all glazed and with the bails attached.
Another lady who works with the youth has a jewelry business so she supplied the bails and chains for them. This is the one I made for me, because I love music. Though my oldest thinks that those ones from Peanuts are pretty cool.
These girls loved this because they could have something so unique and personal as jewelry. And aren't all teenagers trying to stand out and be unique? Most of the girls I work with are! Now I am off to nurse my wounds from ice blocking with them last night. Fun, but unfortunately I am not as young as I used to be! Have a great day!
Pin It! \

10 comments:

  1. very cute!!

    Thanks so much for linking to "20 Below Thursday"! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are cute and make a fun project. Looking forward to making them :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love these, what is ice blocking? lol thanks for sharing this at my party!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are adorable! And so personal too. :) I just got into jewelry making a few weeks ago and I'm excited about finding such a fun new idea to try...thanks!

    Amy
    http://oneartmama.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. super cute!!
    Thanks for sharing at Its Sew Fun Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. so cute! Thanks so much for sharing at my linky party last week.
    Crystal

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great project to do with kids! They turned out so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Cool necklace, eh. And I love the music note on it. :)

    Cheers,
    Cathy@Guide to Getting the Right Hospital Scrubs Measurements and Fit

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...