Tuesday, August 9, 2011

3 ingredient Lemon cookies

I waste a lot of time on Pinterest. It is full of so many great ideas and quotes. I found the recipe for these cookies on there and love that they only have 3 ingredients - if you don't count the powdered sugar for dusting. And I love just about anything lemon, so they were perfect.
I made them for a party we had and they were so easy and quick. Thing #2 actually did most of the work, I just supervised. I' m good that way.

The recipe comes from TidyMom and here it is.
1 box Lemon Cake Mix*
1- 8 oz container Cool Whip
1 egg
1/3 cup powdered sugar (for rolling)
  • Preheat oven to 350°
  • In medium bowl, beat cool whip, egg and cake mix until well blended. Dough will be thick and sticky.
  • Drop by teaspoonfuls into a bowl of powdered sugar and roll to coat.
  • Place on parchment lined cookie sheet and bake for 10- 12  minutes.
Let cool and enjoy! The kids were excited that I made cookies, because it has been so hot here I have not really cooked anything - including dinner. So they were excited that they got something cooked!

This is our last week before school starts - we are trying to squeeze every last drop of summer out of it! I hope you are enjoying the summer before it is gone!
Pin It! \

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...