Saturday, December 17, 2011

T-Shirt quilt

I would have to say that the latest craze around me are these t-shirt quilts. I just finished this one out of their favorite clothes from the baby's first year. And I have three more people who are wanting me to make one for them.

It was a little bit tricky because there are so many different sizes that I had to work with. But it was kind of fun trying to see if I could figure out the puzzle.

I like the way this turned out. I did a simple line quilting because knit is not very easy to quilt on!

I am thinking that this might be fun to make with a few of the shirts that my kids have gathered through the years. You know the ones I am talking about; those ones that are just too cute to part with or just mean so much to you. But I am last in line, so it is on to the next one - which is actually some bridesmaid dresses! I am a little bit scared to cut into them because they are so beautiful!
Pin It! \

2 comments:

  1. I want to do this with my daughters special baby clothes - any tips for quilting knits?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right about it being difficult to quilt - I'm working on one now using FMQ and I can only do a little at a time, it's so tiring! I really love your quilting and I think it came out great! Thanks for the straight line idea - I'm doing that for the next one.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...