Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Happy Birthday Banner

I have had this project done for a while, but have had a hard time getting a picture that was good. I finally decided to just use what I had and post this!

Here is my Happy Birthday banner! This banner is the perfect decoration for a birthday - simple and classy!

I really love this, a lot! So much so that I decided to make some for my sisters for Christmas (if you are reading this act surprised). The ones on instagram were the ones I just finished making for them.

This is really an easy project, the only thing I sewed on was the ribbon! The rest I used my cricut and by stampin up die cuts.

Here we have a close up of some of the pennants, this was taken before I changed out the ribbon on the top.
I am not sure if you can tell but I ruffled my ribbon that connects the pennants. I had originally just sewn fabric on like bias tape, but then I saw something on pinterest and it just stuck with me and gave me the idea that I should ruffle it. Or course I cannot find it again, but I like the result I came up with. You can see it here where I ruffled one for my sister.

And here are some of the letters I used. I used a different fabric for each letter. I used the remnants from my birthday quilt so they are kind of tied together! I cut the letters with my cricut - pretty much the only thing my cricut cuts now days!

I was really on a roll when I started making these and wanted to make a banner for everything! Luckily I didn't, but I did make a congratulations banner for baby showers.

I did blue letters on one side and pink on the other with a yellow ribbon connecting them. These pennants are a little bit smaller, which is good because congratulations is a long word!
Here is a close up of the congratulations one, you can sort of tell the difference in the sizes here - these are about 4" where as the birthday ones are almost 10".

And because I took so many pictures of my banner I am going to share some more with you - they are not the best but they can give you a better idea of what it looks like.
This will tell you how long I have had this, here I have it hanging in my old house - and I moved just over a year ago!

I tried to take this one with the curtains open - that did not work!
 This picture is not that great, but it does give you a glimpse of my birthday quilt! I am going to try and get some pictures taken of that and post for you next week!
If you are interested in one of your own, I would love to make one for you. Just send me an email of what colors you want and I will let you know the prices (roughly $1 per pennant).

Enjoy!
Pin It! \

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...