Monday, August 5, 2013

Bias Tape Bag

As some of you know I live in the middle of nowhere. So middle of no where that the closest Walmart is around 100 miles away. This assignment is called 'remote', and boy is it ever! Which is why I have this project to share with you today.

About a month ago my daughter got invited to a birthday party. She was super excited because this does not happen all the time out here. I was too, until I realized that the party was next week, and we had already made our monthly trip to the big city! What were we going to do for a present?!

Sure there was a small little shop, but I have been in there and my budget does not always agree with them. It was then that I decided that I would have my daughter give a 'homemade' gift.

We picked a bag, because was pre-teen girl does not want a bag? After browsing through Pinterest I decided on the classic bias tape bag. I followed the instructions here, but I made it bigger because I did not like how long and narrow it looked.

It was so easy and I loved that!! I think it took me about an hour from start to finish! I just went through my stash of fabric and picked fabrics that I liked and would work well. The pink is a heavier fabric, so that worked out great, and you cannot see it, but I lined it with yellow satin. That just adds to the greatness of this bag!

This is the bag before we added a little 'more'. It just was kind of boring as my daughter said.
What better then some classic rosettes to make this a little nicer and more girly?! Add a few buttons and they are beautiful!
And doesn't that just do the trick nicely? I loved how it turned out!
My daughter loved it so much she requested one for herself!
The best part of this story is that my daughters friend just about died when she got it. Her mom later came over and told me that she loved the bag so much, and her older sister was jealous! Win for mom!

Enjoy!

linking up to the parties listed in my tab at the top.
Pin It! \

7 comments:

  1. Great looking bag. No wonder everyone liked it. I love the colours. So much better than anything you would ever find at Walmart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a great idea! You are the Mom of the year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok - That bag is just too cute! I love the striped handle and flowers to match! Necessity is the mother of invention. Now I know what that means - lol.
    I am a new follower :)
    xo jan @sewandsowfarm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jan, so glad that you are following my blog!! And thank you for the nice words about my bag!

      Delete
  4. big win for mom!
    LeeAnna Paylor from Whoop whoop

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...