Friday, August 2, 2013

Half Square Triangles - DONE!

This is what I have been doing this week:
That is my 6 yr old going off the high dive! He had become quite the swimmer this summer, in fact all of my kids have. I think in looking back this might be called our summer we spent at the pool. We have been up there every morning and pretty much every afternoon this whole month - it has been busy, but great. Today was our last day of lessons and I am a little bit sad about that because my kids love the water.

But I managed to finished my half square triangles for the Star Surround Quilt Along over at Happy Quilting.
 I am really loving these colors - part of my wishes that I had picked turquoise for the back ground color, but now that I have sewn some of the parts I think green will be just as good.

And I managed to keep my bird square!
 Holy cow all this trimming! I don't know how long this took, but for some reason when I was sitting there doing it the 'just keep swimming' line from Nemo came into my head. But it was more of 'Just keep trimming, just keep trimming . . .' Pretty fitting if you ask me.
Thanks for stopping by.

Enjoy!

Pin It! \

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...