Monday, August 26, 2013

Patriotic Table Runner

I have been thinking about what to give to people this Christmas (I know it is only the end of August, but I need to get a head start, it makes me feel good.) and I just adore my neighbors here, they are so nice and kind and I know that they would help me with anything. This runner is for them, and I know it is a 4th of July kind of thing, but we are military and so 'Americana' is more of a household staple. I hope that they love this!

I saw a similar table runner on Pinterest, and made my own pattern based off of it and went digging through my scraps to see if I had enough to make one of my own. And I did and so we started!

This is what I have done so far:

And another view:
And yet one more, because why not?!
Here is a close up of my center star, I really kind of like how this turned out.
And then my flag blocks. These turned out to be a little bit harder then I thought, my math was not spot on, which is not good with quilting. But it still looks nice.
I have it all sewn together and the backing spray glued on, but I do not have any fabric for backing . . . I guess I will just have to go to the fabric store! and then decide how to quilt it!

Enjoy!
Pin It! \

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...