Friday, January 31, 2014

Star Light, Star Bright QAL

I have been on the fence about the Star Light, Star Bright QAL that Melissa is doing over at Happy Quilting. I have a few projects that I am working on right now and wasn't sure if I could find the time. But then I love making quilts!! Well the love of quilting won over and I decided to participate in the quilt along! If you are in need of another quilt project you should check it out. She does a great job with her quilt a longs and there are some great prizes for getting your stuff done!

I didn't want to use any of the fabrics that she suggested because none of them were really something that I loved, and I am trying to not buy fabric. So I went through my stash and found a couple of orange prints, and then I caved a bought a few more orange ones to come up with these nine:
And are then not so lovely and happy?! Here they are so that you can actually see the prints:

I am going to do a navy background fabric because I am trying to make this quilt a little more boy friendly. Yes there is flowers in there, but only that one print. There is one other, but there are more dots than flowers on it so I am not counting it! I like the contrast of the dark navy with the bright oranges.
Today I am going to try and cut all of these out! I really dislike cutting so it is hard for me to stay focused on it - I get distracted by other things that have to be done in the house!

Enjoy!
Pin It! \

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...