Monday, November 1, 2010

Roasted Pumpkin Seeds

This weekend we spent doing a multitude of Halloween activities, one of which was carving these bad boys:

Well I have only roasted the seeds once before and I never really planned on doing it again because of the pain it was to wash them all off. However, one of my lovely children was cleaning out their pumpkin one seed at a time - and another one decided that they could pick all the gooey mess out of the seeds. That part being done I decided that why not? So we roasted seeds.

It is very simple to do:
Wash seeds and cover on pan coated with oil or non stick spray. Sprinkle with salt.

Cook at 350 degrees (I use this whenever I am not sure what temperature to use) until golden brown. Mine took about 45 minutes.
 Enjoy!
Pin It! \

1 comment:

  1. Y'know, when i get around to taking care of the pumpkin sitting on my porch I'm going to roast those seeds. I'm thinking of making a sweet syrup, like cracker jacks. . .

    Thanks for linking up to Saturday's party!

    -Krystal @ recipesofacheapskate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...