Wednesday, November 3, 2010
The hardest part for me was the appliques. I had never done them before and the instructions were only a little bit of help. But I succeeded in getting them done and on. However, when I do appliques again I will do them differently! This would definitely be something that I learned - use that fusible stuff underneath them to help them stay in place. I had used the no sew glue by Allene's, it worked okay, but these were quite big. I also tucked the edges on all the appliques and next time I would just leave them raw because the stitching around them and the fusible stuff would hold it. Not to mention make it much easier and quicker!
One thing that was nice about this is that not too many of the seams match perfectly - I loved it because Thing #3 helped me a little bit one day and well I could tell that night when I was laying it all out. I was easily able to fix the problem by extending one of the color strips.
This is also the first quilt that I did not do an all over quilt pattern on. When I finally got around to quilting this I was 7 months pregnant with Thing #5, and really wanted something cute and something that could stand out. I traced around all the flowers and then did 4 petal flowers on pretty much the rest of the quilt.
Even though this quilt took me about 9 months to finish (I have others that have taken longer) I love this one, I love the way it looks on my bed, I love the way it looks on the couch, I even love to look at it when it is all folded up in the pile.
This is my first time linking up to anything so I hope this works!
Blogger's Quilt Festival
by Jen at 8:48 AM