Monday, November 29, 2010

Pumpkin Cake

Remember those pumpkins that I cooked at the beginning of the month? Well I have made 2 pumpkin pies, 2 pumpkin cheesecakes, one pumpkin pecan pie, and 1 batch of pumpkin cake and I have used almost half the pumpkin. That is just how much pumpkin puree you can get from a few pumpkins. I did learn one interesting thing: when you use pumpkin puree you have made yourself you need to strain some of the water out, because there was a lot, and some of my things took a little bit longer to cook then with canned pumpkin.

Today I am showcasing the ever so simple pumpkin cake. I stumbled upon this over a year ago when my mother in law was here. I think it might have been her that told me about it, I honestly don't remember. But anyway, this is the best and easiest way to cook a cake. It comes out so moist and delicious!

Ingredients:
one cake mix - spice cake is really best for this, but you can use anything
2 C pumpkin

Mix together and bake according to cake instructions. I usually cook it in a bunt pan because it just looks nicer. :) Let cool and add a simple glaze frosting! Enjoy!

Tell me that is not the easiest thing ever! I made it for my husbands Thanksgiving work party and everyone loved it! It would be perfect for Christmas entertaining as well, especially when you are pressed for time!

Linking up to: Made by You Mondays, Craft-o-Manic Monday
Pin It! \

1 comment:

  1. Yummy! Looking for ways to use up our massive amount of homemade pumpkin puree! Would love for you to come link up to Made with Love Monday at Sew Chatty! http://sewchatty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...