Monday, December 6, 2010

White Chili

Yesterday it was so cold here, no snow, just cold. When it gets this cold I always want snow because then the cold is bearable. However, this weather does always make me want to cook, so we made some white chili. I love this soup, there is just something about the perfect blend of flavors that makes it so good. And you have to love how easy it is to make chili.

White Chili
1 lb cooked chicken chunks - or canned
1 medium onion - chopped
1 garlic clove
1 TBsp olive oil
2 (15.5 oz cans) great northern beans
1 can chicken broth
2 (4 oz) cans green chilies
1 tsp salt
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp pepper
1 C sour cream
1/2 C cream or milk

Saute onions and garlic in oil in skillet. Add chicken beans, broth, chilies and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer uncovered for 30 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in sour cream and cream. Serve and enjoy.
I make mine a little bit different then this recipe - I use raw chicken breasts that I cook in the crock pot with the beans. Once they are done I add the remaining ingredients and cook for another hour or so, and then right before we eat I add the sour cream and cream. Sometimes I will even add jalapenos for Conan, because he likes it that way. I have a hard time following recipes and so I usually alter them to be a little bit easier for me and my crazy schedule.
Pin It! \

1 comment:

  1. Oh that sounds so good. It's a soup kind of day where I live....

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...