This week I have spent a good deal of time browsing through all of the beautiful quilts that are on display at The Bloggers' Quilt Festival. I just wrote a post on this quilt, but I am going to answer a few questions that they ask about my quilt. You all need to head over there and see over 400 beautiful quilts!
But then I had this thought about custom dying some rick rack for the stems, and the rest is history. I went from not doing anything on this quilt to finishing it within the month. I tried to quilt it differently than all of my other ones. I did a squiggle next to the stems, and then an all over loop pattern for next to the flowers and then a simple all over pattern on the edges. I was a little bit worried how it would turn out, because I usually just do an all over pattern, but it turned out so nice and I am very happy with how it turned out.