This month over at Ucreate the challenge is a frame with chicken wire. I was excited because this is something that I have been meaning to do, yet never done. This is what the end result turned out like:
I had this frame sitting around because it was just too cute to get rid of. The glass had broken, and the backing was pretty much shot as well. It was perfect for this project.
After I painted it I glazed it with an antique glaze, but I somehow forgot to take a picture of that step, this is as good as it gets!
Next I grabbed some artistic wire that I got on sale - on a whim that I was going to make some jewelry - who was I kidding! It was perfect for this project. I cut the wire into pieces that were a little bit longer then the opening of my frame. I just eyeballed how far apart I wanted them.