Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Picnic Bridal Shower Quilt

Now my computer seems to have nothing wrong! It makes me so frustrated! But at least I get to share another project I finished with you guys.

A little while ago my friend asked me if I would make a picnic type blanket for a wedding shower for her soon to be sister in law.

Of course I was more than happy to oblige her!

I have this pattern that I was given when I went to my first quilting get together. They called it fat quarter something or other - I don't remember the correct name. But I never made it then, but I kept the pattern through all of my moves, because you don't just get rid of a pattern.

When I was thinking about what I wanted this too blanket to look like I remembered this pattern. It was perfect.

I bought a charm pack that had mainly purples and started sewing (I cannot remember what the line of fabric was, but I bought it from the Intrepid Thread, and I would buy from them again in a heart beat!). Here is the top all done. I did make a few changes, and unfortunately my math was not right on the money - but my friend said it was still awesome, and wanted me to keep going. So I kept sewing at it.
Here it is all done. I love how simple it is and so did she. In fact she said that everyone loved it - and that just really made my day, I felt all sorts of awesome!


Here it is all tied up ready for her to give away.
I tried something a little bit different with the quilting. I had seen something on pinterest and I thought that this would be a good time for it.

It was quilted like a tree and they had names carved into it. It was one of the easiest quilting techniques that I have tried. I cannot wait for someone else to get married so I can use this technique again!
However, getting the name in the quilt was not as easy. I spent a lot of time trying to figure out exactly how to do this. This is what I ended up with. I was glad that it was supposed to look like it was carved into a tree because then my letters did not have to be perfect!

I am sharing this at Happy Quilting's TNT, my new technique being the quilting that I did!




On another note, I will probably be sharing some other things than crafting on here. Because of this move and other reasons I have decided to homeschool my kids. My crafting time has been cut into, but we are jumping into this with both feet! So you might see some science experiments, history projects, field trips and the like on here. I hope you will still follow along, but I understand if you don't.

Thanks and have a great week!
Pin It! \

3 comments:

  1. Love your new quilting and what a beautiful quilt!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely and your quilting looks great :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. well this is is an very nice & unique collection. the big thing for me is its blue..one of my favorite.Click here

    thanks a lot for sharing
    Photo gifts mugs

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...