Friday, August 3, 2012

Sorority Memory Quilt

My computer has been playing this fun trick on me of turning on and off by itself.

It is great. I usually get about 30 minutes tops before it turns off. So I am sorry if this post seems a little rushed, I am not sure when I will be able to get back on my computer.

Because of this new problem, I have been trying to get my pictures moved to the hard drive. I try to stay on top of this, but I am sure you all know how it goes. In doing this I found pictures of this quilt. This was one of the first t-shirt quilts that I made. I posted about how I started it way back in Jan, and realized that I never posted the finished product! Remember this quilt?

It was huge! She had around 50 shirts for me to use!When it was done she asked if I could sew some more of her husbands shirts on the back. I was able to make it work and stitch around them so that you could not tell from the front that I had sewn more on the back.

But she loved it and loved how it brought back so many fun memories. Most of her shirts were from college and the sorority and fraternity she and her husband joined.
I used a simple Kona black for the back and then this goldish yellow for the binding. I was glad that I could meet her moving deadline and that she liked it. I have learned a lot about t-shirt quilts since this one! 

Hope that you are all having a great weekend! It is rainy here, perfect for doing a little sewing!

I'll be linking up to the parties listed in my link party tab! Check them out, so many great ideas! And to Live Laugh Love.
Photobucket

Pin It! \

1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful, such a great idea!!
    i would love for you to share this with us over at live love laughs linky party
    hope to see you there
    http://live-love-laugh-interiordesign.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...