Saturday, February 5, 2011

Lissy's Flowers

Remember the other day when I showed you you the Flower Pillow? Well I told you that I was going to take a picture of Thing #2's quilt for you - the one that the pillow was made to match. As promised here it is. I finished this quilt last August.

And because it is snowing and cold here and I have nothing better to do except clean my house and do laundry I will give you a little history on this bright quilt.

I first saw this quilt when I was in a quilt shop - back when I actually lived close to one - a lady was there with her version of this quilt all done just looking for a fabric to bind it with. You all know that I am a sucker for flowers I just loved this quilt and asked her the name of the pattern: Lissy's Flowers. I started to save my pennies so that I could get the stuff to make this quilt myself. Then one day I was looking through the kits at another quilt shop and guess what I found . . . yes this quilt with everything I needed, and what sealed the deal was I had a coupon for this store!

So I made this quilt and my girl loves it. I quilted it with an all over design in hot pink thread - her choice - but I like the way it turned out. I don't get to work much with pink and this was a lot of fun. I am working on a pillow sham to go with this and will post it as soon as I get it done.

I am hoping to get her bed finished soon. Currently she is sleeping on one of the bunkbeds that I will be needed here in the next couple of months for one of the other kids. I am working on the bed at a friends house because she has the space and also had projects to work on. But I just need it to quit snowing and warm up so I can get over there.

As always, linking to the parties on the tab at top.
Pin It! \

19 comments:

  1. Wow, I really like that!!! SO pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this quilt!!! I want to make one now ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute....I wish I could make something like this, but my sewing skills are VERY lacking. And I love the colors.

    I found you through Under the Table and Dreaming....I'm your newest followe!

    I'd love you to come visit!

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is soooo cute! Can you explain how the circles are made for the flowers? I also found you Under the Table and Dreaming.

    ReplyDelete
  5. laniebp - I made the flowers just by cutting different sizes of circles and sewing them on top of each other. Then when you wash the raw edges fray.

    Thank you all for the nice words about this quilt, I am so glad that you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is absolutely beautiful, and so inspiring! Wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the quilt!! You have amazing talent.
    ~Mary
    www.thecraftygals.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is absolutely precious!! I want to quilt someday. I have done some rag quilting, but nothing like this. I am a new follower. I hope you come by for a visit.
    Cheers!
    Jen
    www.cariboobutterfly.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. this quilt is absolutely beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful quilt! The fabrics are so wonderful and springlike!

    ReplyDelete
  11. SO SO Sweet. Love this.
    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great quilt. Thanks so much for linking up at I Made It! Monday. I look forward to seeing you around next week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very awesome indeed - so awesome I would love to know how you did the flowers! I would like to do one also - of course it would not be as wonderful as yours!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this! The flowers are so unique and such a fun texture!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is such a beautiful quilt! Great job on it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I will be featuring this tomorrow at Sugar and Dots!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This was my favorite project from my link party - Your Way Wednesday. I featured it on my blog today: www.ellebellecreative.com
    Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is gorgeous!!! I love it!

    I haven't posted any of my quilts yet, but come by and see what I'm up to at SunScholars.blogspot.com.

    I'm your newest follower! Love to have you follow me as well :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...