Thursday, February 3, 2011

Rosette Wreath

I am really not that creative. I like to make things, but I rarely come up with anything on my own. I usually just see something that I like and make it. I guess you could call me a copy cat. ;) And today's project is no exception! I saw this beautiful wreath done by I'm a Yarner and I fell in love with it! I started racking my brain to see if I had the supplies to make this project without going to the store. I had everything but the glitter. But since that was the last step I got started! I did not take pictures of this step by step because I pretty much just used her tutorial.

I got out all the red paper I had - which was about 25 sheets. I then got out my circle cutter and proceeded to cut as many circles as I could before Thing #4 figured out what I was doing. (He seems to love it when I get out my scrapbooking stuff). It only took me about 15 minutes to cut a huge stack of circles out. Then on movie night while I was sitting not really watching the movie with my kids I proceeded to cut the spiral into all of the circles.
I was a little nervous about how long it would take to roll these up, but I got a little tool - can't for the life of me remember what the name of it is - at Archiver's with my coupon just under $5. It made rolling these up so easy. I then just started the glue them onto the wreath form until it was full. I then had to cut out a few more little ones to fill in the blank. I had picked up some glitter with my JoAnn's coupon and then sprayed the wreath with glue and sprinkled glitter on it. (Even being careful I found that I had accidentally glittered some of my counter - but a little elbow grease took care of that.) Then attach the ribbon and hang on the door.

 I was even able to fit this between my door and the screen. I just love the way it looks - it is so pretty! I would have to say that the hardest part of this project was trying to get all the hot glue strands off of the rosettes before I glittered it. It took forever!!

Linking to the parties listed in my tab on the top.

Don't forget about Fantastic Friday tomorrow, be sure and come and link up all the fantastic things you have been working on!
Pin It! \

10 comments:

  1. I'm glad I'm not the only one...sometimes I think I should have named my blog "Copycat Crafter." Sometimes I feel like I improve upon the original idea (at least it seems like an improvement in my mind), but I rarely come up with anything unique on my own.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your wreath! It looks great. And I forgot about all those hot glue strands. I'm still picking them off whenever I walk by my wreath!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just lovely! I am so taken with these rosette wreaths in all different kinds of papers. Love your addition of the glitter. As for the hot glue strands, a hot hair dryer or heat gun (which blows hot air to melt embossing powder) just makes them disappear.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty...love the look you have here. I have a weekly linky party called NIFTY THRIFTY TUESDAYS…would love to have you come by and join in on the fun…also having a GIVEAWAY going on…it’s a $65 gift card and some goodies from me!
    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Copying is totally acceptable... all things handmade are uniquely the makers! Great project, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is BEAUTIFUL!! I'm all about being a copycat... I'm following you now and look forward to reading more about your projects. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very sweet! I love these rosettes! Haven't made any yet, but might have to try making this wreath!
    Thanks for linking up to Making It With Allie! I can't wait to see what you have for next week!
    AllieMakes.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. It turned out fabulous! Just beautiful!

    Thanks for sharing in FFA!

    Hannah @ http://youngancrafty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love these wreaths! Yours turned out beautiful! I have been wanting to make one but haven't started because I was worried about how time consuming it would be too. Thanks for linking this up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. cute project. Thanks for linking up. I look forward to seeing what you link up next week. And no worries, I seem to often get my ideas from other people. That's what's so great about blogging, right? :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...