Monday, February 7, 2011

Pie Filling Bars

It has been insanely cold here. And when it is cold I like to cook. To be more precise I like to bake. This week I have done my fair share of baking, and so I have a great treat for you today.

These are called Pie Filling Bars, and I love them for many reasons - one being that depending on the kind of pie filling you have these can be totally different every time you make them! I actually made these with apple pie filling in December for my cookie exchange, because they make a lot quickly!

Pie Filling Bars:
1 C butter
1 3/4 C sugar
4 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
3 C flour
1 large can pie filling - any flavor

Cream butter and sugar. Add eggs and vanilla, mix well. Then mix in flour and baking powder.

Spread 2/3 of dough in 11 x 17 inch pan.
 Spoon the pie filling over the top.
 From remaining dough drop teaspoons over the top of pie filling using all the dough. (I am sure you can tell I did not use teaspoons - this is what happens when you have your kids help you.)
 Bake in pre-heated oven at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
 Drizzle with frosting if desired - I usually do not do this step, but it is really good when you make it with apple pie filling.  ENJOY!
Even though these made a lot, they still did not last long at my house with all the kids home from school!
Pin It! \

3 comments:

  1. Oh.My.Word. I should have not have looked at these! Delicious! Wanted to let you know I'm passing on the Versatile Blogger Award to you! Check out my blog for all the details and great job!
    Natalie
    http://aturtleslifeforme.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks too good to be true!

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. So I just made these, and yum-o! Only my dough was super sticky. . . .not sure why, so I threw them into a 9x13pan, and used jam instead of pie filling. Still turned out awesome! thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...