Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Surf & Sand Quilt

Do you all remember those bridesmaids dresses I have been making? Well we are having to totally scrap one because it is just not working for one of the girls. I was a little bummed that I could not make this workout, because I really want these girls to be happy with what I make for them. So after being bummed for a little while I decided that I needed to do a project that worked out. One that I did not mess up.

I decided that I would finish that quilt that I posted about last week here, and I had to unpick. This way I not only make something successfully, but I also fix something that I already ruined. And can I tell you, I loved it! It was so easy to sew together. The seams are not perfect - and I blame that on the fact that I had to unpick it, it is definitely not my sewing talent! ;) hahaha!

Here we have it outside on my fence - ignore the pile of leaves/pine needles on the ground, I ran out of bags last fall and never finished with cleaning them up. But, it was such a beautiful day here that I had to take a picture outside.
And here is a close up of one of the blocks. I used a pattern called Room for Squares by Pixie Girl Quilts that a friend gave to me a couple of years ago. And yes I have had the fabric and pattern for that long. I am a hoarder. I did make it a little bit bigger, because you only need so many lap quilts. Now we just have to get it up on the frame and quilted - which could take me a little while to do!
Pin It! \

2 comments:

  1. Hello Jen! I love your new quilt! And the name is perfect for those lovely colours and makes me think summer!
    Sunny wishes from Crete! Teje

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! It's a great feeling to bring a UFO back to life. :) Can't wait to see it quilted.

    Thanks for linking up with WIP Wednesday, have a great week.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...