Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Cucumber and Tomato Salad

I realized the other day it has been quite a while since I put a recipe up on here. With the kids this summer, I just have not really had the chance to bake anything great. However, my daughter is a great cook and has been making some great treats, but she always wants to take them over to her friends. And let me tell you they really want her to come and live with them!

I did make this good for you salad the other day. I really like cucumbers and so I loved this salad when I had it the first time. it is very refreshing and super easy to make!
 Tomato Cucumber Salad
4 ripe tomatoes
1 medium cucumber
2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
1/4 tsp sugar
2 tsp chopped fresh basil
freshly ground black pepper to taste

Slice tomatoes and cucumbers thinly and place in medium bowl. Combine vinegar, oil and sugar. Drizzle over sliced tomatoes and cucumber. Toss, then sprinkle with chopped basil. Refrigerate or serve at room temperature.

Hope you are all enjoying your summer, we have had some great afternoon rainshowers that I just love! 
Pin It! \

1 comment:

  1. I made this today! Thanks for sharing. My family loved it. Well, at least the grown ups did.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...