Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Fun Flip Flops

The other day while I was scanning blogs - you know my favorite pastime - I found these awesome flip flops. I just loved them, and quickly bookmarked them for later. I should have pinned them, but my computer is taking forever to pin things! I hope I am not the only one!
It just so happens that I needed this great idea sooner rather than later. Last week I needed a last minute activity for the youth of my church - just the girls. Our previous plan fell through at the last minute and we needed something now!

Thankfully my brain jumps around a lot, because I remembered these and headed to JoAnn's to get the supplies. It was easy enough - flip flops and fabric. And it was all on sale! These are what I came home with:

There was also some blue and some white flip flops, but I forgot my camera that night because I was in such a hurry, so you get a picture of what was left. ;) sorry! But green is really my favorite!

The Mother Huddle really gives a great tutorial, so I am not going to try to put one together for you - just go check her out, you will not be sorry.
You just get to see awesome pictures of my feet - which are in need of a pedicure.

And here they are in all their glory. the girls loved these, and I loved that they only cost about $3 a pair - excellent for the budget! They really loved the bright colors, and a lot of them said that they too have trouble finding flip flops because of wide feet, as did The Mother huddle.

Now I am thinking how cute would it be to make a pair of these to match a skirt? I know that my girl would go crazy for them! 
Pin It! \

10 comments:

  1. I am so glad you used these for a youth group! I was thinking they would be perfect for that. I love the colors you used too, I always play it safe with white, but them see others with color and love them :)
    thanks so much for the mention and letting me know, always makes my day!
    Also, do you mind if I include this in a round-up?
    ~Destri

    ReplyDelete
  2. these flip flops came out so cute! Love it
    Hani

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found this tutorial too and have a pair of flip flops waiting for transformation! I love the pink - very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so stickin' cute! Flip flop making is now on my weekend to do list! Thanks for sharing this great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh thats an awesome idea!
    I ahve a pair of flip flops that the plastic piece on the underside has broke/riped whatever, so I can't wear them anymore and I have a black pair that leave black between my 2 toes...yuck!
    I saved the link...thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did such a good job with these! I saw thos flip-flops too...and I pinned them on Pinterest...I loved them too!

    Thanks so much for linking to "20 Below Thursday"! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. super cute!!
    ill be making many of these with my nieces.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These look super cute! I am going to do these with my daughter! Thanks...

    ReplyDelete
  9. covering them are probably softer on the between part of your toes, mine always get a blister. I'll have to dig out some old material!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome! Thank you for linking up last week at Sew Woodsy. We hope you'll join us again this week!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...