Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Old Window turned Picture Frame

Do you remember me telling you about that friend I was helping last week? Well here is what we were working on: turning an old window into a picture frame.

She got a box of these old windows for $2 at an antique place with her mom, and thought it would be great in her living room. (sorry about the low light, she really has no light in her living room)

She called me to help her figure out all the details, but really she needed no help, the girl has a good eye. I missed getting a picture of the window before she painted it, but it was that light brown color that you can see in some older houses still.

They had just gotten some new family pictures taken and she had them all ready to go, so we just had to figure out the placement of them. I really like how she had the idea to hang some by small cording - it looks great.

Then we cut the vinyl - easy peasy! I used my cricut and SCAL with a font that she found online. She put it all on and when I went over to see it again I just loved it! I wish I had an old window to make something cool with.

When I say that she has a good eye - she has a good eye. She found these old sewing drawers as well at the antique shop and was using one to hold cell phones and ipods and whatnot. The other one she thought would look cute on the wall. She had this picture of her Grandpas old bike and it all just came together!


This really is beautiful, and a great way to showcase lots of pictures easily!
Pin It! \

9 comments:

  1. I love this idea!! Now if only I could find an old window somewhere....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love old windows! I love how you used it as a picture frame! Such a great idea. I love the multiple panes. I recently repainted one myself for decor. It is on my blog if you want to check it out! http://mylilpumpkinpatch.blogspot.com/2011/06/window-from-my-past.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks great! I love turning old items into something completely different from what they were originally intended for. :) Thanks for linking up to Polish The Stars!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this!! I have an old window that I want to do something like this with it...how did she hang the other pictures that were not hung by cording? Also, how did she hang the actual window on the wall? THANKS SO MUCH!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great upcycle!! I would love it if you linked up to my Tuesday Confessional link party going on now. There is also a great giveaway! http://www.craftyconfessions.com/2011/08/tuesday-confessional-link-party-and.html
    I hope to see you soon!
    ~Macy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love what people can do with old windows! I'm always so inspired! Great job and thanks for sharing! I am your newest follower!

    Brie from darlingdoodles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love decorations with old windows! This looks great!

    Thanks for linking to "20 Below Thursday"!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another fabulous creation! Thanks for linking to WorkShop Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, that does seem like a fantastic idea. The shape of a window is really close to a picture frame, and it works very well!

    Zymeth Blues

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...