Monday, November 18, 2013

Give Thanks Banner

For some reason I do not decorate very much for fall. I am not sure why, but this year I tried to do something! I am loving pennant banners at the moment and thought a simple fall one would be great!

I decided to have it say GIVE THANKS. Don't mind the lack of curtains, my kids bent the rod and so they are down until we get it fixed - hopefully soon!
I finished cutting out the pennants with my die cut machine and the letters with my cricut a while ago, but then  I reached a road block as I was looking for the prefect ribbon to use to sew it together. I never found anything that I liked, until I was either on pinterest or looking through a magazine and saw one sewn together with twine. I knew that would be prefect for this. I sewed it on with a zig zag stitch, easy peasy!
I used some canvas for the pennants and then a rust color for my letters. (the rust was leftover from a quilt back)
I actually used a cartridge to cut these letters instead of my SCAL. I like the easy to read letters for my banners.
The only thing I am still trying to decide is if I should add something to it. Maybe in between the words, or at either end. I saw one that had leaves on it, but not sure if I would like that. I am open to ideas or if I should just leave it as is.
There you have it my only fall decoration, well I did fill up my apothecary jar (I am down to one now cause we broke one in the last move) with some kisses wrapped in fall colors, but that is it. But Christmas will be here soon and my lack of decoration will change!

Enjoy!
Pin It! \

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...