Thursday, April 21, 2011

Easter Candy Jars

 Can I just tell you all how much I love these jars? Well I L.O.V.E. them! They are so pretty and so easily changed for the seasons! I have seen them all over blogland and it was high time that I had my own set. It was super easy to make. For each one I used:
*an old jam jar-free
*a wooden final - $1.50 for 3
*a candle stick - $2.99
*a round wooden base- $.50
*Glue - already had
*spray paint - leftover from another project

Total $5 for 2 jars, not to bad in my book!
I do not really decorate for the Easter holiday, but I thought that filling these up with candy was a simple and easy way to decorate. And surprisingly they have been sitting on the piano for 2 days and the kids have not asked to eat the candy! And I haven't eaten it either - that might be a different story if it was filled with those Cadbury chocolate mini eggs! My favorite candy from Easter!

I did get a little bit over excited about finishing these. I set one up on the shelf and took some pictures and then I looked at it and something was wrong. It looked just too plain. Then I realized that I forget to antique them with some stain. Now all the crevices and seams stand out a little bit more and I like it a whole lot more!
 I am thinking that if I place them here on my piano by these candlesticks that I might need to paint them a different color. Or I could just make a new set in the darker color! 
I just love them! And I love how simple it was to make them. Just paint and then glue everything together! Distress and then fill with goodies or something else! Easy-peasy!

It is pouring rain here, and so I think I am going to try and get some sewing done today! I hope that you all have a productive day and I cannot wait to what you will link up to our party tomorrow!

Linking to the parties in my tab at the top.
Pin It! \

18 comments:

  1. These are great! I love how you can change it up with different candies for every holiday!
    - Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! Great idea for wedding decor as well! Visiting from Christina's Adventures =)

    -caroline @ c.w.frosting

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so cute!! :) What a great idea! Found you on the link-up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute. Definitely going in my 'to do'file!

    ReplyDelete
  5. CUTE! CUTE!! CUTE!!! I've been wanting to make some of these! I'm collecting jars as we speak! :) Thanks for coming by Sassy Sites and linking up. Have a wonderful weekend!

    Don't forget to enter the giveaways...
    http://sassysites.blogspot.com/p/giveaway-eggstravaganza.html

    xoxo!!
    Marni

    ReplyDelete
  6. what an awesome idea! and totally not expensive to make! these would be fun for a candy buffet at a wedding too! I have a couple of friends looking for ideas that they can do on the cheap but still look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are too fun! And I love that you can change them out easily since their not really season specific! Very cool! Thanks for linking to Fancy This Fridays as always!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE this idea! found you from running with glitter's linky party... new follower:) will definitely be making these soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. these are awesome! perfect for spring.

    new follower
    kathryn
    www.thedragonsfairytail.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are great!

    [visiting from sarahndipities]

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun and decorative craft! I love those :)
    I found you from the link party.
    Renee@ http://reneeschirpings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love them too and the fact that you can change them for different seasons is brilliant! Thanks for linking to Workshop Wednesday! goodbyecityhellosuburbs

    ReplyDelete
  13. awww, these are super cute. love the bright candies inside too :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, those are just about the coolest candy jars I've ever seen!! Wow. What a great idea

    ReplyDelete
  16. Really great project and unique idea, love it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...