Monday, April 4, 2011

Chicken Supreme

Last weekend when all of my family was here I was cooking for a lot of people, and I have a great recipe that is easy to alter to make more or less. And it is really quite good. I actually use this recipe quite frequently when I am having people over for dinner. And I never have leftovers – which I LOVE!!

I call it Chicken Supreme. And for those of you who have been following me for a while, you know how good I am with recipes, and measuring ingredients so bear with me as I explain how to make this. 

Ingredients:
Boneless/skinless chicken breasts (1 per person)
1 can of cream of chicken soup
1 can of cream of mushroom soup
1 pkg dry Italian salad dressing mix
1 pkg cream cheese
rice – enough for one serving per person
salt and pepper to taste
1-2 onions diced up
mushrooms - optional

I do alter the rice, cream cheese, soups and salad dressing mix based on how many people I am feeding. You can easily double this. When I make this for more than 6-8 people I will double these.
 
You combine the soups, salad dressing mix and cream cheese together until mixed well. Add to crock pot and place rice and chicken on top of it. Cook for a couple of hours until the chicken and rice is cooked. (This varies depending on where you live – the whole altitude thing). I sometimes have to add a little bit of water (especially if I use brown rice). You also can stir it every now and then to make sure that it all gets mixed up well.

When I double this – or in the case this weekend triple – I cooked everything in the crock pot except the rice. I cooked the rice separately. I then used the chicken mixture on top of the rice. And Conan’s family seemed to think that jalapenos were an excellent addition to this meal. And do you love my paper plates that I served everything on this last weekend. No extra dishes – excellent! And we added a little bit of steamed broccoli on the side.

I hope I explained this in a way that you can understand – because you all will love this, and it is super easy. Good luck and if you have any questions please ask!


Pin It! \

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...