Monday, April 11, 2011

Good for you Pancakes

I am a very routine person. I love to pretty much do the same thing day in and day out. That way I know what to expect. Making breakfast is the same. I make the same thing every morning for my kids. There is a reason behind that one though.

One day when I only had two little kids I made something different for breakfast. I don't remember what it was that I made, I only remember it was not the usual oatmeal. My oldest ate whatever it was I made and then an hour or so later he asked me when I was going to make breakfast. I tried to explain to him that he already had breakfast, but it just did not work. He wanted his oatmeal.

And so since then I rarely make anything besides oatmeal - though I will have you know it is not plain oatmeal, I have a bazillion varieties of it. And because I am nice each child of mine likes it a certain way and so I make it that way.

Now that the kids are a little bit older they tend to want something a little bit more exiting for breakfast more often. I usually do not comply - because it just messes with my groove, and I usually do not have the time to make anything else. However when we had lots of family here two weeks ago my kids were super excited because they have one uncle who whenever he comes to visit will make them whole wheat pancakes. That was the first thing they asked when they heard that he was coming - will he be making pancakes for breakfast.

And he did and they were a big hit - we had to make two batches and there were minimal leftovers that were polished off quite fast. It could be that he makes awesome homemade syrup to go with his pancakes.

Whole wheat Pancakes
2 C flour - whole wheat
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1/2 C sugar
4 eggs
2 C milk
1 cube butter

Melt your butter or have it at room temp. Mix everything together and then cook on a hot griddle or skillet because I do not own a griddle. Cook on one side until almost all the bubbles have popped. Then flip and cook a little bit longer. This is not a science, so like all my recipes, you kind of have to work with it to figure out what works best for you.

Add some butter on top and some awesome syrup and enjoy! However, with all of that on them they are probably not that good for you anymore - but at least they taste good right?!
Pin It! \

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...