Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Patriotic Table Runner - Done!

This year I am trying to give the gift of handmade for Christmas. I already posted about the Happy Birthday banners that I gave most of my siblings. (I already gave it to them and some of their kids opened it - so it will not be a surprise!) Today I have a table runner that I am giving to my military neighbors. I have shared the top before, but now it is all done and fabulous!!

I have been practicing my free motion quilting - in hopes that someday I will have saved enough to buy a long arm! Here is is:
I made up the pattern off of something I saw on Pinterest. I didn't get my measurements quite right, but it still looks great I think! Here is a close of up one of the smaller stars. I did kind of a echoing star pattern on them.
I did the figure 8 motion on the stripes and kind of a wave pattern on the cream border.
On the back it looks a little crazy! But when will you see the back!?
Here is one of the two big navy squares. This is where the echoing star pattern looks really good. I started this and had to unpick half of it before I figured it out - not the funnest thing I did!

And then the pinwheel. I did a zig-zag kind of thing in the navy and then pebbles in the white and red parts. I really like the pebbles. They look great, but take a little while!!
And then one last view of this beautiful quilt before I wrap it all up to give to my neighbors!
Off to do some more sewing and crafting before the kids are on their Thanksgiving break!

Enjoy!

Pin It! \

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...