Monday, January 31, 2011

The best Lemon Bars - ever

This day has just flown by! I meant to get this post up this morning, but yea life just seemed to happen. I know I am not the only one that this happens too! It was productive though, aside from Thing #5 eating the bubbles in the tub. I did not get any errands done because I had no desire to go out in blowing snow.

This weekend was very relaxing. I have been on a cleaning and getting rid of stuff. It is going rather well, maybe if I am brave enough I will post pictures on here. But today I have delicious treat for you! I used to make these bars almost every Sunday when I was a teenager. My friends would always know when to come over for a treat. So I like to think that I am pretty good at making these.

Lemon Browies

Crust:
3 C flour
3 C butter - softened
1/2 C powdered sugar

Mix ingredients together until smooth and flaky. Press into a 11x15 pan and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.

Topping:
5 eggs
2 1/2 C sugar
1/2 TBsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
5 TBsp lemon juice - I always add a little bit more

optional - the zest of a lemon. it just gives it that extra lemon kick that I love!

Mix topping together and beat for 3 minutes. Pour over warm base, and bake for an additional 25 minutes. Sprinkle powdered sugar over the top.

I am off to make some warm rolls for this freezing cold day . . . unless I get caught up in sewing. Enjoy your Monday!
Pin It! \

3 comments:

  1. I need something fresh and sunny to chase away the winter blues.

    I'm your newest follwer.
    http://moogieland.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously, this is making me drool :)

    Thanks for the advise about Fels Naptha--I think you've convinced me now!!

    Come back and follow me! I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These sound so yummy! I'm a moody gal when it comes to Lemon. Either it sounds delicious, or not at all. Today, these sound VERY good!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...