Monday, January 24, 2011

Thrifty Finds

I love the thrift store, you can find some amazing things there. And whenever I go I usually end up spending more than I planned on, so I try not to go too often. My mother in law finds the most amazing things at the thrift store, I cam constantly amazed at what she picks up. But I went out this weekend and I found some great things - I felt like I was so lucky! I found 2 extremely nice Sunday suits for my boys at next to nothing. And here are some fun decor items that I found:
 I found this great wreath for $2. I love these simple ones with just branches. It does have a little bare spot at the top, but I was thinking that I could cut one or two from other spots and fill it in. And it goes perfectly right above the DR MAG coat rack, which I have to say my kids love. They have hung up their coats every single day since I hung it up. This thing is worth its weight in gold!
 
 I saw this pail for $6 and was not sure if I wanted it because I did not know what I would do with it. But I grabbed it and walked around the store with it for a little while. I then just decided to get it because it could put up with a beating and I was sure I could find a use for it somewhere in my house. And I did, I have it next to the couch and filled it up with my quilts.
This rug here was probably my favorite find at the thrift store. I have been wanting another rug but I had yet to find one that I loved enough to shell out too much money for. But this shag beauty was only $10. I was worried that I would unroll it and find something terribly wrong with it, but no - it is pristine! There is not even a water mark stain on the bottom! I am going to lay it down once I get it cleaned up.
This is my next huge project here. I found this headboard and matching foot board for a twin bed for $5. They are solid wood, no fake stuff here. Thing #2 is needing a bed, and I am planning on painting this up and getting it done for her birthday in a couple of months. I have plans of making it look somewhat antique, we will see what I can actually do.

It just makes me happy to find something good for a really good deal! Stay tuned for how the bed turns out!
Pin It! \

3 comments:

  1. GOOD deals? The headboard is an IncrEDIBLE deal!!! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE your finds. Especially the rug & bin. I have a bin similar to that & it holds our throw blankets :) Rather new to your blog, I saw the DR MAG coat rack & it's totally cute. But does that stand for something or is it how your family's initials work out?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi again--couldn't find an email for you so I'm posting it here instead.
    I just wanted to let you know I've awarded you the "Stylish Blogger Award." I gave it to blogs whose posts I look forward to reading, and that give me the warm fuzzies. You can stop by my blog and pick it up (http://sweetbeebuzzings.blogspot.com/2011/01/stylin.html), view it, leave it, throw it against the wall, whatever. It's yours to do with as you please or to leave alone. Just wanted to let you know I appreciate what you do :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...