Monday, January 10, 2011

Whole Wheat Banana Bread

cI just have to brag for a little bit. I have been trying to hard to eat less sugar and refined foods and I did so good this week. (Don't you just love how motivated you are at the beginning of the year?) Well, I weighed myself and I lost 5 pounds this week! That is most of what I put on over the holidays, but I am loving it! Here is to another week . . . and another 5 pounds! I can only wish. ;)

Today I have a healthy little treat for you. My kids are finally getting over whatever it was that we had and I was able to do a little bit of baking over the weekend. Because no on was really interested in eating I had a few bananas that were at that perfect bread state. So I made these - and they ended up being for dinner because I did not really want to make anything else. Such is life. Thing #2 is really loving the whole cooking thing, so I let her make most of this recipe.

Whole Wheat Banana Bread

2 C whole wheat flour - I used Kamut wheat and white wheat
2/3 C sugar
1/2 C oil
2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 eggs
3 ripe bananas
1 C chopped nuts - optional

Mix all dry ingredients together and then add wet ingredients and mix well.  Place in loaf pan and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour. I use this mini loaf pan for everything and it only takes about 30 minutes to cook.

I never really follow a recipe, so each time it turns out a little bit different. But this is the general idea for it. When I first started making this I got my recipe from the Joy of Cooking book. I hope that you enjoy this recipe!
Pin It! \

1 comment:

  1. Always on the look out for yummy whole wheat banana bread recipes. Can't wait to try this!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...