Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Flirty Apron

Yesterday was one of those days. Thing #5 was sick and puking and just wanted to be held all day. Because of this nothing really got done. I was lucky to finish this apron. I was so close to finishing, and I thought I could just whip out this ruffle at the top, but no, that ruffle took me one hour. All because of my lap buddy. But I just love it when he wants to snuggle, it melts my heart. So I was okay with the extra time this took. And sorry about the pictures, Thing #2 was so kind as to take them for me.
To make this apron I took a pattern off of my original Flirty Apron I got a couple of years ago. Except I made this one with darker colors, which it nice because then it can be dirty, but it is not as noticeable. The inside is the blue with brown dots. I have thought about making it reversible, but have not decided how I want to do that. (and it is a little late since I already sewed everything together.)
For the bottom I had thought of doing a ruffle but I decided that I wanted a large scallop edge instead. I just free handed the scallop and it did not turn out very well. As in you can hardly tell there is even a scallop there, but I think that it still looks cute.
Just Sew Sassy did an apron a while back that I copied this ruffle on the top from. I added the rosette because I wanted there to be a splash of color, okay really Conan told me that this needed some color like orange and so I just pulled this fabric from my stash and made the rosette. He then told me that was exactly what it needed. I really did marry the best man in the world.

And don't forget that Friday is my first ever link party! Fantastic Friday! Come and link up all of your Fantastic creations to share with everyone!

Linking up to: Little Eme, Creative Itch, Someday Crafts, Sugar and Dots, Sew Much Ado.
Pin It! \

2 comments:

  1. Cute! I *heart* aprons! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute!! I love the ruffle and flower at the top!! Thank you so much for linking up last week! I hope you'll stop by again today. I'll be doing a featured post very soon...

    LittleEme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...